Tuesday, July 17, 2012

5 Most Annoying Things Facebook Users Do

Ahh, Facebook, my home when I'm at home, my gateway to everything that is hip and groovy on the internet. Oh how I love thee Facebook, I love the constant arguments that

I get into about religion, politics, and every other ridiculous topic that could possibly come to mind.

I love how it's like a huge popularity contest on there, and I feel a sense of satisfaction with myself if one of my status updates gets liked. It feels great, it's like being on drugs except its free, but will most likely ruin my life just the same.

Basically Facebook is awesome, and anyone who doesn't have one is a freaking loser!

But there are some things that are definitely annoying about Facebook, they don't really have to do with Facebook itself, they have more to do with the actual users themselves.

"But Cynical Cyborg, are you trying to say that people can be annoying? I thought you loved everybody." I do love everybody, the way a fat kid loves a hamburger, I love everybody only for the things they can do for me. So once you stop fitting into that category, it's not that I hate you, it's just that I'm going to remove you from my friends list and never talk to you again.

Anyhow! Let's get on with the list shall we?


5. Send out non stop app request and game request

It's okay, we get it, really, you've got nothing better to do than play 21 questions, and tend to your farm, and add fish to your fishtank. Some of us have freaking lives!

Some of us have a status to update, a blog to write, or people we actually want to talk to, we dont want your lousy game request clogging up our notification bar.

They should SERIOUSLY think about adding an extra button on the notification bar specifically for game and app request, that way if I never want to check a single app request, I dont have to.

I swear, only the lowest of the lowest common denominator use those apps. Most of them are like a giant pyramid scheme, where you get sent an app inviation from somebody trying to get farther in the game, or unlock more questions that were answered about them, then for your to be able to play the game succesfully, you've gotta send out 100 app invites to all your friends, and then on and on the cycle goes.

Then you've got the ones that are basically like a virus, you give it permission and it starts posting status updates for you, what's with that facebook? How can an app be allowed to submit individual status updates for you? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.



4. Comment about what you're eating

This one should go without saying, but apparently some people think that other people want to know every detail of their digestive habits. Naming your favorite restaurant is one thing, but giving details about every restaurant you go to, what you ate there, who was there with you, and so on and so forth is just annoying. 

Do you really expect people to click like on a status like this? Or is it just more for posterity? 

Keeping a record of everything you eat just spams up the news feed with topics that are completely uninteresting to most people. Unless you have people on your friends list that have a serious food fetish, might want to stay away from food related topics. It just makes me hungry and annoyed, and being that I'm  cyborg, it's not a good combination, I might go cyborg elite on your butt and blow up the whole Internets.



3. Like those mass like pictures that 250,000 other people have liked

Okay, we get it, you like to express your viewpoint, the same viewpoint that 80,000 other people had. Most of these pictures that flood my news feed on a regular basis don't even have a semblance of intelligence to them, People don't understand how completely irritating this is to me!

I hate these pictures with a passion, in fact, I made it a mission to completely unsubscribe from any person that even clicked ONE of these pictures, and now, tah dah, my news feed is finally interesting again!

The biggest problem with these pictures, is that it could easily be condensed into a single line of text, but they make it a freaking picture so that as MANY people as possible click like on them. Its all an attention getting scam!

Hopefully this will all blow over just like those stupid "Most Beautiful Teen Contest" things did.



2. Update your status every single second

Some people imagine that their lives are similar to a reality TV show, they're such drama queens, and so good looking that people want to know every little detail.

In our day and age, everyone wants to be a celebrity, and becoming a celebrity seems like it's just a few clicks away!

We've got you tube celebrities, then there were all the musicians that got big off of Myspace in the yesteryear of social networking. The new trend is letting everyone know about the last meal you ate, the last time you went to the bathroom, the last book you read, and the last zit you popped. This is reality TV gold, you're one step away from Jersey Shore if you keep this up!(On a side note, it really is more interesting than Jersey Shore, I'll give you that!

But hey, we can all be guilty of giving a little bit of TMI over facebook, you can't give people a platform and then expect people not to use it I guess.



1. Adding people you don't know

In this day and age of child molestation, butt rape, and sexual deviancy, the biggest way to look like a creep is to add people you don't know.

I can understand people that are using FaceBook to promote their band, or to establish freakishly huge friends list' to impress your friends with, but to add people on FaceBook specifically just to "get to know them" is really just as creepy as it gets.

It sends a message of desperation, being a hopeless nerd, and being a total loser!

This isn't the 90's anymore, where you come up with some Gothic chat name like "xxxAssasinBabexxx" and then chat with strangers all day. This is the age of internet paranoia, where literally any friend request that comes through, could possibly be taking you one step closer to losing your rape virginity, and that's something precious that you definitely want to hold onto! Trust me, most people that I know that lost it hated it!





2 comments:

Man these are exactly the things I hate about a lot of people that use facebook, the worst is random people that add you and have the other stuff follow like #2 and 3 annoying as hell but great blog so far!

I was just thinking this today o.o

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More